We are a regional specialist in ingrown toenails.
We promise you a fast consultation and solution. We make sure that after we have seen you, we will work to find relief to your painful swollen toe nail. After diagnosis, of your inflamed toe, we make sure that you to get pain relief with or without surgery, so that you are back on your feet. Not every in grown toe nail, needs surgery. If it is required, we have years of experience, so you know that you are in the best possible care. Why suffer in pain, when rapid relief is possible.
The top 10 ways to manage Ingrown Toenails
- If your toes are inflamed, soak them in salty water 3-4 times a day. This will reducing the swelling and reduces the tenderness in your feet.
- Raise the toenail by putting a cotton wool, or a dental floss under the toe nail. This will raise the nail, decreasing the chances of nail to grow over the edge of the skin.
- Cut your toenails flat. Do not cut the nails in a curve, to follow the shape of the toe. This also applies if you go to a salon. If you have a condition with poor blood flow (like diabetes), ask a Podiatrist, to help with cutting your nails.
- Keep the nails at medium length – If your nails are too short, the shoes you wear may force the nails to grow into the toe nail tissue causing them to get inflamed.
- Make sure your shoes fit well. Tight shoes, or shoes that pinch, put extra pressure on the nail, and can damage the feet. It you have any form of nerve damage in your feet, you may not notice that the shoes are fitting correctly. Take care, and get the right advice from the shoe store, to get the best for your feet. There are specialist stores with experience in fitting shoes for people with foot problems.
- Wear protective shoes – If you are in a position where your feet may be injured, protective shoes or footwear, can help manage any damage to your toes.
- Check your feet – If you are a diabetic, or you have any other issues, it is recommended that you check your feet daily for in grown toenails (as well as other foot problems)
- If you have open wounds, it is recommended that you keep them clean, and keep them open to help the wounds heal. It is strongly recommended that you visit us, or your local podiatrist, to make sure that the correct dressing is applied.
- Do not cut your nails if you have ingrown toe nails. We offer guidance and training, for you to cut your nails properly, so that the condition is not made worse.
- Do not peel or bite your nails. This increases the chance of your condition getting worse.
- It is possible for us to trim the nails, to remove the pressure on the toes, and done on a regular basis, this is a great solution for some people who do not need surgery. This can prevent or delay the need for surgery.
- We can do nail surgery, where we can remove part of the the nail, so that when you wear slippers or sandals, it still looks natural. This way, your ingrown toe nails do not impact your life. This could be a permanent solution for a happier you.
Solutions for In-grown toe nails
Why suffer in pain. Why wait to get you nails resolved. We will help you manage and / or fix your issue with in grown nails.
In grown toes nails, that are not looked after, have a higher chance of bacterial infections.Talk to us to get the best solution for you. We will advise you of all your options, and help you manage this.